Saturday, November 28, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I am currently in Tongatapu, and tomorrow I will be heading to Australia to get my tonsils removed. It looks like I'll be there a little over two weeks, so hopefully I'll have some time to get some sightseeing in as well.

I have pretty fast internet here, so I thought I'd upload some pictures and try some videos too. School is finished, and the last few weeks were filled with lots of dancing, singing, card-playing, and soccer.

I spent Thanksgiving at one of the guesthouses on the island with the other Peace Corps volunteers on 'Eua. Peace Corps sent us out a big turkey, and we pulled together some mashed potatoes, green bean cassarole, corn on the cob, eggplant parmesean, macaroni and cheese, black bean soup, coconut crab, and of course, apple pie. It was also our last hoorah before group 73 atarts to leave, so it was nice to spend that time all together.



Malia and 'Oline brought their bush knife to school to cut the grass in the yard Walls going up on the faletonga


Ta'anga G.P.S. building the frame of the faletonga



everything about this was a bad idea, but cool picture



Rat's cave











Taniea, Lupe, and Toakase







soccer in the yard






Lopeti dancing with Pita drumming





Class 6 girls ta'olunga




Class 3/4 at the end of the school year. That is their teacher in the background sleeping.









No comments: